I know my blog is slowly turning into a blog dedicated exclusively to Dior makeup, but once you find something you love, you start to obsess over it right? RIGHT? 😛 (Don’t stop till you get enough they say!)
Anyway, so this time around it’s something from an older collection, Rose Porcelaine 834, which I purchased at Neiman Marcus recently.
At first glance I loved that there’s a healthy combo of cool and neutral pinks in this palette. Perfect for Spring!
However swatches proved otherwise!
The quint consisted of,
- A cool medium toned almost cotton candy pink – swatches very sparkly and the colour gets lost in the midst of all the shimmer
- A cool soft yellow/cream shade – excellent for highlighting the inner corner of the eyes, it went on smooth.
- A light beige/ pink shade – The pink in it disappeared on my tanned skin, looked more of a frosty white, but the texture was silky smooth
- A warm light baby pink shade – This was not as frosty as the others and would look lovely on fair skin. A great everyday shade for a light wash of colour over the entire lid.
- A medium mauve brown – not as silky when I swatched it, but I liked that the shimmer content in this was to a minimum!
Overall I feel this palette would be perfect for those who prefer their eye shadow sheer and not too pronounced. The intense shimmer content in some of the shades prevents the shadow from taking a true to pan colour on the lids, however for anyone below a NC 25, this should look ok for a fresh Spring makeup look. The quality was good, and I usually don’t experience much fall out with Dior shadows, most fall out only occur during application and nothing during the day.
I found the best combination for medium skin is the top right shadow combined with the two below. However, I’d like to end on the note that this is a quint best suited for the lightest of the light skin tones, and personally I wouldn’t recommend it as there were too many light shades and they all looked pretty similar, not value for money in my book
I purchased mine from Neiman Marcus
You could also purchase this online from Sephora
Thank you for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful weekend!