I know my blog is slowly turning into a blog dedicated exclusively to Dior makeup, but once you find something you love, you start to obsess over it right? RIGHT? 😛 (Don’t stop till you get enough they say!)
Anyway, so this time around it’s something from an older collection, Rose Porcelaine 834, which I purchased at Neiman Marcus recently.
At first glance I loved that there’s a healthy combo of cool and neutral pinks in this palette. Perfect for Spring!
However swatches proved otherwise!
The quint consisted of,
- A cool medium toned almost cotton candy pink – swatches very sparkly and the colour gets lost in the midst of all the shimmer
- A cool soft yellow/cream shade – excellent for highlighting the inner corner of the eyes, it went on smooth.
- A light beige/ pink shade – The pink in it disappeared on my tanned skin, looked more of a frosty white, but the texture was silky smooth
- A warm light baby pink shade – This was not as frosty as the others and would look lovely on fair skin. A great everyday shade for a light wash of colour over the entire lid.
- A medium mauve brown – not as silky when I swatched it, but I liked that the shimmer content in this was to a minimum!
Overall I feel this palette would be perfect for those who prefer their eye shadow sheer and not too pronounced. The intense shimmer content in some of the shades prevents the shadow from taking a true to pan colour on the lids, however for anyone below a NC 25, this should look ok for a fresh Spring makeup look. The quality was good, and I usually don’t experience much fall out with Dior shadows, most fall out only occur during application and nothing during the day.
I found the best combination for medium skin is the top right shadow combined with the two below. However, I’d like to end on the note that this is a quint best suited for the lightest of the light skin tones, and personally I wouldn’t recommend it as there were too many light shades and they all looked pretty similar, not value for money in my book
I purchased mine from Neiman Marcus
You could also purchase this online from Sephora
Thank you for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful weekend!
6 thoughts on “Dior Rose Porcelaine quint review, photos and swatches”
Another great post! And yes… I think it is safe to say this should now be called a “bubblydior” blog x)! Clean photos as always.. Keep it up!
Haha yes! The ‘BubblyDior’ >.< And Thank you so much! I try my best to take good quality pics.. it makes a world of a difference 🙂
The eyeshadow shade is so pretty on the pan but i guess this might be too pale for me. But the cotton candy pink is so cute though!
I know.. I loved that cotton candy shade in the pan so much too! Sad it get’s washed out in swatches
I just reviewed Bobbi Brown’s Nude Glow Nude Eye Palette. I chose the palette for “medium” skin tones. It was sooo light when I swatched for the blog. I was going to return it, but it is so gorgeous to look at. So, I am going to work with it, putting down a white base for eye looks. Didn’t swatch well on my arm, but has potential on my eyes!
Love this colors! beautiful rose shades! 🙂