So I have finally rounded up my favourites from the NARS Audacious lipstick collection! And believe me it was no easy task!
While I give you the ‘It list’ I also wanted to share with you a more in depth review on each as I did test them out much longer.
As always, here’s some eye candy to start off!
7 NARS audacious lipsticks, one for each day of the week!
Left to right.
Julie, Barbara, Anita, Marissa, Grace, Carmen and Lana
1. Julie is a beautiful peachy shade that’s slightly drier than all the others here. And when I say slightly, I mean an absolute smidgen. This shade goes on semi opaque and wears well into 4 hrs. I feel that this would suit most fair to medium complexions and can look a bit pasty on darker medium skin tones.
2. Barbara is a neutral brown, pinky nude although it pulls slightly more pink on my very pigmented lips. Absolutely love this one. The texture of it is nice and goes on smooth and opaque. I love this for days when I play up my eyes a bit more.
3. Anita is my go to everyday shade. I believe this is a great MLBB lipstick. There’s slight pinkiness which retracts this from looking lifeless. The colour goes on opaque and I must note that this fades exceptionally well. As in you don’t necessarily notice that it’s wearing off (specially after meals). So I believe it’s a very good shade to invest in if you are someone who hates reapplying lipstick regularly.
4. Marissa. Definitely a must have for pink lovers. I like the subtle warmth in this which makes it quite flattering on many complexions. I liked the wear of this, although I eventually came to realise I liked my pinks more creamy and not this matte. However still a gorgeous lipstick that I feel you need to check out!
5. Grace. The ultimate girlie, bright! A must have in my opinion. The colour is just so beautiful and instantly brightening that the whole face looks lively. The texture of this was great and opaque in one pass.
6. Carman is a great red that I feel would be ideal for beginners as well as red addicts. This is a nice neutral red that makes your lips pop! Also teeth look whiter and complexion looks brighter.
This goes on fully opaque in one stroke, although i’d still recommend applying, blotting and applying lightly to reduce the chance of smudges.
7. Lana. The very first audacious lipstick I picked as a favourite. I adore orange toned lipsticks so it was hard to resist! The colour had a lot of slip which made it a bit difficult to maintain. One meal and you can clearly see the lipstick has worn off in the center of the lips. Other than that I had no complaints. It’s a bright and cheerful colour that definitely gets you noticed!
First off, in case you wondered if these lipsticks are drying, I am happy to say that they aren’t! Although they are not hydrating, they most certainly don’t make your lips drier. However I must mention that this formula emphasizes texture of the lips, so if you have lots of lip lines you might not like how these look once worn.
I feel that the richer, brighter shades had more slip and were the hardest to maintain. They also faded in a very noticeable way and was prone to smudging and feathering. Overall I felt that the nudes were the most user friendly if you are clumsy like me! However not dismissing the reds just yet, I feel the NARS Audacious lipstick reds were AMAZING. Be it warm, cool, neutral or deep, there’s one for everyone! And I think i’ll eventually end up owning all.
The coverage if these lipsticks are unrivaled. i’d go as far as saying these are THE most pigmented lipsticks i’ve ever tried. They are amazing.
NARS Audacious collection is retailed at Tangs Orchard and Robinsons Heeran.