So I have finally rounded up my favourites from the NARS Audacious lipstick collection! And believe me it was no easy task!
As you could probably tell, to be fair I picked a few from each entry I posted previously. In case you missed them, read here, here, here and here.
While I give you the ‘It list’ I also wanted to share with you a more in depth review on each as I did test them out much longer.
As always, here’s some eye candy to start off!
7 NARS audacious lipsticks, one for each day of the week!
Left to right.
Julie, Barbara, Anita, Marissa, Grace, Carmen and Lana
1. Julie is a beautiful peachy shade that’s slightly drier than all the others here. And when I say slightly, I mean an absolute smidgen. This shade goes on semi opaque and wears well into 4 hrs. I feel that this would suit most fair to medium complexions and can look a bit pasty on darker medium skin tones.
2. Barbara is a neutral brown, pinky nude although it pulls slightly more pink on my very pigmented lips. Absolutely love this one. The texture of it is nice and goes on smooth and opaque. I love this for days when I play up my eyes a bit more.
3. Anita is my go to everyday shade. I believe this is a great MLBB lipstick. There’s slight pinkiness which retracts this from looking lifeless. The colour goes on opaque and I must note that this fades exceptionally well. As in you don’t necessarily notice that it’s wearing off (specially after meals). So I believe it’s a very good shade to invest in if you are someone who hates reapplying lipstick regularly.
4. Marissa. Definitely a must have for pink lovers. I like the subtle warmth in this which makes it quite flattering on many complexions. I liked the wear of this, although I eventually came to realise I liked my pinks more creamy and not this matte. However still a gorgeous lipstick that I feel you need to check out!
5. Grace. The ultimate girlie, bright! A must have in my opinion. The colour is just so beautiful and instantly brightening that the whole face looks lively. The texture of this was great and opaque in one pass.
6. Carman is a great red that I feel would be ideal for beginners as well as red addicts. This is a nice neutral red that makes your lips pop! Also teeth look whiter and complexion looks brighter.
This goes on fully opaque in one stroke, although i’d still recommend applying, blotting and applying lightly to reduce the chance of smudges.
7. Lana. The very first audacious lipstick I picked as a favourite. I adore orange toned lipsticks so it was hard to resist! The colour had a lot of slip which made it a bit difficult to maintain. One meal and you can clearly see the lipstick has worn off in the center of the lips. Other than that I had no complaints. It’s a bright and cheerful colour that definitely gets you noticed!
First off, in case you wondered if these lipsticks are drying, I am happy to say that they aren’t! Although they are not hydrating, they most certainly don’t make your lips drier. However I must mention that this formula emphasizes texture of the lips, so if you have lots of lip lines you might not like how these look once worn.
I feel that the richer, brighter shades had more slip and were the hardest to maintain. They also faded in a very noticeable way and was prone to smudging and feathering. Overall I felt that the nudes were the most user friendly if you are clumsy like me! However not dismissing the reds just yet, I feel the NARS Audacious lipstick reds were AMAZING. Be it warm, cool, neutral or deep, there’s one for everyone! And I think i’ll eventually end up owning all.
The coverage if these lipsticks are unrivaled. i’d go as far as saying these are THE most pigmented lipsticks i’ve ever tried. They are amazing.
NARS Audacious collection is retailed at Tangs Orchard and Robinsons Heeran.
27 thoughts on “NARS Audacious Lipstick Favouritess”
wowow!! Look who is getting prettier everyday , nice to see full face swatches . I love Grace! The colour is just ❤ I think barbara looks great on you 🙂 Wish we had a Sephora here in SL uh .
You are just being too nice!
And thank you! I feel you see the colour more accurately on the full face yes? 🙂
Anyways I have a feeling SL will never have a Sephora lol. But if you need something from the collection, i’d be happy to bring you some! 🙂
uh I’m kinda broke these days, have to wait till Christmas for a miracle to happen lol
thanks for being so kind anyway , you’re really a Sweet person 🙂
I don’t know how but this time NARS nailed it with the name matching. My name is Annie and Anita, which means little Annie is definitely the one I would buy first. I’ve heard other beauties saying the same: Ingrid, Barbara…
The reds are beyond gorgeous though, and they suit you so well!
You are so so lucky you have a lipstick that has your name on it! Literally!
I was beside myself when I realised NARS had never been inspired by a Michelle! How sad right? given Michelle is such a common name too.
And you definitely NEED those reds! They are gorgeous<3
Michelle is a very popular name in my country too! Just give them some more time! They didn’t figured out the right one for “Michelle”! 😉
Ahhhhh! THOSE REDS AGAIN! They give me shivers! Lol xx
Aww thanks 🙂 Hopefully soon! I need a ‘Michelle’ so bad!
My name is also Michele, and I would view our name as something that is close to our names origin….French, so it would be a beautiful red, maybe a blue red like Ruby Woo with M.A.C but in a matte and beautiful long lasting shade.
You’re just so beautiful!! I have a huge wishlist but just added Barbara to it-your posts have been absolutely amazing on these-high five, great job! Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx
Aww Stacey! You are being too kind!
I hope you finally managed to narrow down a bunch of lipsticks that you’ll hopefully end up loving <3. And I heard NARS is now finally in Dubai so it's gonna be great swatching everything in person.
I want each one of these !!
🙂 They are very nice tbh. You need to swatch them in person though! You’ll like more than just 7.. 😉
😊 question michelle, i tried NARS a yr back and say didnt quite like the staying power, i mean nithinf extra ordinary but it sure felt nice .. How long do these last?
Hmm I agree. It’s not the most long lasting lipsticks i’ve purchased. And since the texture is very creamy, to enhance lasting power i’d suggest blotting off excess moisture and reapplying.
Applied straight from the bullet (one layer) these last around 3-4 hrs 🙂
Thank you for the honest feedback and the tip !! 😊
Always a pleasure 🙂
Barbara is calling my name! All look stunning on you, of course!! 🙂 xx
Aww thank you! Such a sweet thing to say!
I feel that Barbara is a colour that would look different from person to person. Although it looks more brown in the bullet, ended up much more pinky on me!
Best try it in store dear 🙂 And I hope you love what you pick! ❤
Ugh, such beautiful colors! I particularly love the first three on you. 🙂 I hate how there are 40 shades to choose from – it makes it so hard to purchase just one! I’ve yet to get myself a bullet.
Thank you so much! And yeah, it’s soo hard to pick!
I hope I helped narrow down some favourites 🙂
wow! Amazing pics my dear!
you are so gorgeous ❤
and those colours are amazing ❤
You are too kind dear 🙂 Thank you so much!
Your post is so informative and handy! And you everything so irresistible haha! I’m seriously considering if the Nars palette too, heh.
I LOVE the reds, but Grace is so beautiful!!! I think I have narrowed down my choice to Leslie for a starter. Being that you’ve sampled all of them, what are your thoughts on Leslie?
PS – loved seeing your gorgeous face!!!! xx
Thanks for this! You are gorg! Can you tell me what eye makeup you are wearing here. I love that it is so neutral and brightening. I am a bright lipstick scared beginner 🙂 and want to know how to wear it…knowing these products would help me greatly we are similar coloring!! So happy to find your blog! 💗
Hi Kate, thank you for your kind comments. I believe i’m wearing a Make Up Store single eyeshadow in Venus over here. It’s a soft shimmery peach shade. Peach and light warm pinks are very brightening around the eyes and I always use something like that when I wear bright lipstick 🙂