Super excited to deliver my round up of the best of 2016! Getting back into the swing of blogging has been slow after the holidays, but I believe a quick look at the past year and closing the book of 2016 is a great way to get on with business this new year.
Best of Beauty 2016
1. Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder – I hadn’t been a regular user of Givenchy beauty till this came into my life. Absolutely stellar product on all fronts, packaging, quality and finish. Blogged here.
2. NARS Hot Sand Illuminator Duo – If epic highlighters aren’t your thing, NARS Hot Sand is your match made in heaven. A wonderfully glowy highlight with a soft peachy pink base, this adds subtle glow for delicate radiance. Although initially LE, I’m happy to see it come back in another newly released face palette. The Unfiltered 2 Cheek Palette. Blogged here.
3. Dior Nude Air Glowing Gardens 002 – In 2016 Dior ruled the world of highlighters. Each season I could not resist getting at least one! Possibly my favourite highlighter of the year. Also was available in a pink option.
P.S- how stunning is the floral embossing ❤
4. Dior Diorific Splendor – Part of the holiday collection, this highlighter was the key piece / must-have which everyone needed in their lives. Sadly, did not make it to the U.S market. Luckily I live in sunny Asia and for once I was happy to be here! Didn’t waste any time picking this up for myself. wink. I also got a few extras as gifts!
The packaging, quality and colour was just perfect for that extra sparkle for the holidays. Get it while you can!
5. Clé de Peau Radiant Liquid Rouge – As someone who did not hop on the matte lipstick bandwagon, I was mighty pleased CPB came out with these ultra luxe glossy liquid lipsticks! They are luxury in every sense. If you loath the dry lip syndrome that’s plaguing the world right now, maybe this nourishing glossy type would interest you 😉 Read all about this collection here.
6. Bobbi Brown Nourishing Lip Colour – Possibly my favourite lipstick release this year. Think ultra nourishing, balmy colour with superb pigmentation! It’s all my lips want to wear this season. To be blogged soon!
7. Tom Ford Lips & Boys 2016 – It seems the Lips & Boys get better each year! This year, the colours to watch out for were the new matte ones. Absolute must haves. Blogged here.
8. VB x Estée Lauder collection – Overall my favourite collection of the year! The formula, packaging and colours were to die for! Even though I loved almost everything I received, the stand out products were the nude lipstick in Brazilian Nude, the eye kajal duo & the single shadow Bitter Clove. Unfortunately LE collection sell out fast. However if you come across any, do not hesitate! Blogged here.
P.S- There’s talk of a new VB collab happening soon. Keep your eyes peeled!
9. Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel – The perfect solution for light short brow hairs. I find myself reaching for this almost every time I do my makeup. It’s got the perfect formula to set your brows in place while also adding colour and some body. It’s brows-on-fleek, all day, everyday! To be blogged soon!
10. Tom Ford Le Mepris – Part of the summer collection, this little number was clearly a hot item, specially with that irresistible LE white packaging!! Blogged here.
11. Dior Diorific Nova – 2016 wasn’t the year of nail polish that’s for sure. Almost all brands left me with boring options. However, just as the year ended Dior launched their holiday Diorific Vernis and this unique little number was quick to come home with me. Almost like fairy glitter/flakes on the nails, this works great as a topper or on it’s own. Don’t miss out!
12. Zoeva Concealer Buffer Brush – I am so happy I finally got to try Zoeva brushes this year and this brush in particular is now my essential/everyday, concealer blending brush. Everything just sits better when buffed with this and i’m happy to recommend it to everyone. To be blogged soon!
13. Zoeva Luxe Fan – A great multi purpose brush, (not just for highlighting). This is my go-to for flicking off any eyeshadow or mascara fall out, dusting off excess powder and of course applying highlighter PERFECTLY. A must have brush in any collection.
14. Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting brush – On a whim I purchased this brush off Net-a-Porter last year. I just needed something precise that’d work for contouring smaller areas of the face. Not surprised, this works brilliantly! It’s my favourite for some nose contouring (which is the only contour I ever do) whenever I know i’ll be taking photos or for special events. Love it!
15. Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage – The only product that’s featured here which isn’t new for 2016. However it’s new to me! I picked this up from a sale last year and let’s just say, my world is a better place. The Cocoa Mirage palette is pretty much the standard matte shadow palette but BETTER. Perfectly curated and multi functional as this mixes great with any other TF palettes you may have. The light cream shade is my go-to brow highlight, there’s a perfect transition shade that’s not too warm, and also a shimmer shade thrown in just for variety. ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE if you are on the look out for a great everyday palette that delivers. Can’t recommend this enough!
That rounds up my list of favourites. Products i’ve used and loved! Unfortunately in terms of foundation & concealers I didn’t find anything new that was truly outstanding, therefore left out a fair few that I tested last year. What you see here is a brutally edited skinny version of what has been tested and I find to be A+!
11 thoughts on “Best of Beauty 2016”
This post is just so awesome. Tom Ford is really good. I mostly use L’oreal because it is kinda affordable for me.
(My blog : http://perfectionistyou.com/)
I agree! TF rocks! But I love a bit of L’oreal myself. They make some stellar lipsticks!
Yeah, it totally rocks. I am looking forward in buying Tom Ford and MAC. Ah, I agree.
Loved your picks Michelle! The cle de peau lip stuff was definitely a huge hit for last year. And I hope they do a another VB collection I’m sure it will be another hit. Can’t wait!! ❤
Thanks Mona! The Clé de Peau lipsticks were my fave too. Just wish they weren’t scented. But the formula is sublime ❤ Glad you love it.
And yes!!! How exciting! I can't wait for the VB collection myself. It's gonna be soooo good I can already tell 😀
The Victoria Beckham collection is so beautiful, i really want it all.
It was spectacular! Can’t wait for the new collab 😀 !!!!
great list! i have heard great things about the Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel! i am really excited to try it !
Great summary and reminder of an item or two that really should move to the “buy list” for 2017 (I’m looking at you, TF Cocoa Mirage). A few of my faves were the Chanel Rouge No 1 collection (!!!), ELxVB Modern Mercury, TF Soleil Eyes and Cheeks Warm palette, TF Sphinx Cream Colour for Eyes, and Bobbi Brown Nude Finish Illuminating Powder.
Forgot the Wayne Goss Airbrush. It seems that brush never leaves my hand!!
I couldnt buy Dior highlighter with flowers and it was soooo pretty. I’d like to try Bobbi Brown lipstick and tom ford quad but in Orchid haze. I tested it in store few times and it’s so pretty but I’m still not ready for it’s price even you get a lot of product:)