This summer CHANEL adds a brand new foundation to it’s base portfolio. The Les Beiges Water-Fresh Tint. Using a patented microfruidics process, this new skin tint features cutting edge technology to deliver a result that mimics ‘nude’ skin. Imperceptible, like a second skin and luminous for that gorgeously dewy healthy look.
The pigments are suspended in an aqueous phase (92%). Which releases a wave of freshness on application as it hydrates the skin with a high dose of water, vegetal glycerin (read vegan) and tamarind extract. The other 8% is the oily phase, containing pigment capsules which burst once applied. Encapsulating pigments in this manner enables the limiting of extra ingredients such as emulsifiers and helps deliver that exceptionally weightless feel.
The packaging is a clear pump version with a signature black cap. It’s elegant, perfectly travel friendly (lightweight and less prone to damage) and pretty much a summer essential for your upcoming holidays.
The foundation comes with it’s own brush for application. Densely packed with a tapered edge & designed to give the best results with this base. The quality of the brush is pretty good. It’s washable, and is quite sturdy. Unlike some of the flimsy brushes that come free with products.
According to the demo videos i’ve seen online, Lucia Pica (CHANEL Global Creative Makeup & Colour Designer) dispenses the product to the back of her hand and blends the product with the brush to burst the micro droplets, after which it’s applied to the skin.
I’ve been working the other way around and found that pumping the product to the back of my hand and picking up product (water, micro-droplets whole) and then blending the solution on the skin itself works great and minimizes wastage. One observation was, you run through the product easily. And my method helps with getting most of the product on the face without wasting it on the back of your hand!
The finish of this is sheer and incredibly glowy. Very similar effect to the dewy Korean cushions from a few years back. The difference would be the CHANEL version almost feels like a gel foundation and sets. Working quite well with warmer humid weather of summer.
The extra thin layer means no excess product that can end up seeping into fine lines.Therefore I believe this will look amazing on mature skin, specially with it’s luminous youthful glow.
As seen in the ‘before’ and ‘after’ I appreciate how it evens out the redness around my cheeks and leaves my skin looking natural but perfected, & even-toned. If you are looking for more coverage, sadly this isn’t buildable and should suit only those who require light coverage. Overall the feel is, it’s very much like a tinted moisturiser. But a grown-up fancy version with slightly more coverage. For added coverage I usually pair this with my Clé de Peau Beauté concealer to any blemished areas I need extra concealing, leaving the healthy skin to shine through.
As far as longevity goes, it lasts pretty well on my combination skin. Doesn’t move around once (lightly) powdered. I would highly recommend this especially if you tend to wear minimal base during the day and prefer a natural look (like myself).
Here’s one last look on how this looks on the skin, outdoors. It’s absolutely imperceptible with a youthful glow when you compare the skin on my shoulders to the cheeks.
(P.S- this photo is not retouched in any way)
It’s a great summer foundation. It does feel light and airy on the skin as it claims. Sheer coverage means it’s pretty easy to get a decent shade match too.
This comes in six btw. Light. Medium Light. Medium. Medium Plus. Light Deep & Deep.
The only problem I found with this was you really run through it fast! I have only used it about 7 times and it’s already at the 3/4 mark. I wish it would last a bit longer. But will gladly repurchase once I do finish this bottle as my skin loves it!
For reference I’m a MAC NC35 and the Les Beiges Water-Fresh Tint Medium is my match.
Aqua (Water). Hydrogenated Polydecene. Glycerin. Methyl Gluceth-20. Peg-75. Pentylene Glycol. Octyldodecanol. Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Extract. Phenoxyethanol. Butylene Glycol. Polyhydroxystearic Acid. Sodium Carbomer. Disteardimonium Hectorite. Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum. Aluminium Hydroxide. Propylene Carbonate. Amodimethicone. Disodium EDTA. Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate. Alcaligenes Polysaccharides. Parfum. Lysine. Magnesium Chloride. Ethylhexylglycerine. BHT. [+/- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines). Cl 77492, Cl77499 (Iron Oxides). Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). Mica]
Pricing & Availability
At all Chanel Boutiques from the 25th April and counters from the 3rd May islandwide.
Retail price- SGD106.
*Sample provided by Chanel beauty for review consideration.
You must be logged in to post a comment.